Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fitness Shoot!

In anticipation of the opening of The Performance Lab in Cherry Hill, I have been taking pictures to use for ads. I was so inspired by shooting running and cycling models that I wanted to have another photo shoot with a fitness theme.

My model for the shoot was Kimberly Tosoian, a former dancer, soccer player and recreational athlete who is also a fabulous fitness model.

Like any photo shoot, I try to mix up the lighting, some dark and some bright with different colored lights to match the feel or the wardrobe. Kim multiple outfits which gave us lots of choices.

First, we went with a running shoot on the track. I chose to go low key to send the background into darkness. To add some separation, I used a yellow gel to complement her black and yellow outfit.



The lighting setup was soft in front from a softbox with a gridded light for a rim from the back. A separate flash with a yellow gel was aimed at the back wall.









Next up was a workout inspired shoot that would look right at home in a national fitness magazine. I wanted the background to be brighter than the foreground so a aimed a strobe at the weight rack and the mirror behind it. This provided the nice rim light. A reflector in close provided fill. The softbox above left was the main light and set to be less bright than the background light.



The left side of Kim's face was still going dark, so I placed a shoot through umbrella with a flash in the back of camera right for some extra fill.

The whole series of shoots from the different poses and outfits can be seen on this page

No comments:

Post a Comment